Nonresident Tax

Lodge your Australian tax return

If you worked in Australia while backpacking and were paid a salary or wages you need to lodge an Australian tax return. You can do it online with Elodge and, what’s best, you're most likely due a tax refund. It could be a very nice one. The typical tax refund for backpackers comes in well above $2000 and we can get it to you fast with an international bank transfer.

You may be eligible to lodge an early tax return if you leave Australia before the end of the income year. To lodge an early return with Elodge, make sure to check the relevant year after you have completed your tax preparation and prior to submitting your return.
Learn more...

Start Your Tax Return

Don't forget your superannuation refund

If you have left Australia after working here on a Working Holiday Visa (Subclass 417) or Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462), you can apply for your superannuation refund.

We advise that you find out how much is in your super account before you start. You can do so by using the ATO's free SuperSeeker service.

Your temporary resident visa must have expired or been cancelled for you to be eligible. You can request a visa cancellation using Form 1194, which can be submitted by email to the Department of Immigration and Citizenship. You are no longer required to show the departure stamp on your passport.
Learn more...