Terms & Conditions
You, the Taxpayer
Agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions that govern the use of the website that is owned and operated by E-Lodge Taxation Services Australia Pty. Ltd. (E-Lodge).
- You authorise John Gibson or trained staff of E-Lodge (Tax Practitioners Board Tax Agent Number: 76845007) to review and lodge your tax return to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) based on the information you provided and in accordace with the Income Tax Assessment Acts of 1936 and 1997.
- You understand that you may self-prepare your return at no cost by lodging online with the ATO's do it yourself E-Tax software, whereas with our online service, we prepare and review your return prior to lodgment with the ATO.
- You acknowledge that the 8 to 10 working day refund we advertise is not a guarantee. All returns are subject to review by E-Lodge and the ATO. A tax refund may be delayed for a number of reasons such as inaccurate information, being a new taxpayer, or having an unusually large refund. E-Lodge is not liable for any delays.
- The E-Lodge online interview is designed to be a guide for clients to accurately prepare their tax returns. E-Lodge does accept any responsibility for the information that you provide on your return.
- Neither E-Lodge nor its associates guarantee that the E-Lodge website is completely free of errors. We will notify you should any errors arise during your interview or review of your tax information.
- You will not attempt to violate the security of the E-Lodge website. This includes any attempts to download source code, propagate malicious programs or viruses, or interfere with the operation of our computer systems.
- These Terms and Condition are governed by the laws of Victoria. E-Lodge reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and the online taxation payment facility at any time. These Terms and Conditions were last amended on 28 May, 2008.
Upon submission of your tax information, E-Lodge, under most circumstances, will not issue a refund of the fees. However, certain exceptions apply. We can issue a refund if services are not provided to you by the end of the next working day. E-Lodge may also issue a refund if you attempt to cancel your submission before services are provided. Our services are provided once we review your return information and either lodge your return or attempt to contact you via email or telephone with regard to the information on your return.
Direct Debit Request Service Agreement (if applicable)
This service agreement is for persons requesting to have their fees deducted from their tax refund.
- account means the account held at your financial institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited.
- agreement means this Direct Debit Request Service Agreement between you and us.
- banking day means a day other than a Saturday or a Sunday or a public holiday listed throughout Australia.
- debit day means the day that payment by you to us is due.
- debit payment means a particular transaction where a debit is made.
- direct debit request means the Direct Debit Request between us and you us or we means [name of Debit User], (the Debit User) you have approved by authorising a direct debit request.
- you means the customer who authorised the direct debit request.
- your financial institution is the financial institution where you hold the account that you have authorised us to arrange to debit.
- Debiting your account
- By authorising a direct debit request, you have given us permission to arrange for funds to be debited from your account. You should refer to the direct debit request and this agreement for the terms of the arrangement between us and you.
- We will only arrange for funds to be debited from your account if we have sent to the address/email address nominated by you in the direct debit request, a billing advice which specifies the amount payable by you to us and when it is due.
- If the debit day falls on a day that is not a banking day, we may direct your financial institution to debit your account on the following banking day. If you are unsure about which day your account has or will be debited you should ask your financial institution.
- Changes by us
- We may vary any details of this agreement or a direct debit request at any time by giving you at least fourteen (14) days’ written notice.
- Changes by you
- Subject to 3.2 and 3.3, you may change the arrangements under a direct debit request by contacting us on [Debit User contact details].
- If you wish to stop or defer a debit payment you must notify us in writing at least [notification period to be specified by Debit User] (x) days before the next debit day. This notice should be given to us in the first instance; and/or you can arrange it through your financial institution.
- You may also cancel your authority for us to debit your account at any time by giving us [notification period to be specified by Debit User] (x) days notice in writing before the next debit day. This notice should be given to us in the first instance; and/or you can arrange it through your financial institution.
- Your obligations
- It is your responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient clear funds available in your account to allow a debit payment to be made in accordance with the direct debit request.
- If there are insufficient clear funds in your account to meet a debit payment:
- you may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- you may also incur fees or charges imposed or incurred by us; and
- you must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method or arrange for sufficient clear funds to be in your account by an agreed time so that we can process the debit payment.
- You should check your account statement to verify that the amounts debited from your account are correct
- If [Name of Debit User] is liable to pay goods and services tax ("GST") on a supply made in connection with this agreement, then you agree to pay [Name of Debit User] on demand an amount equal to the consideration payable for the supply multiplied by the prevailing GST rate.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by arranging for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
- If we conclude as a result of our investigations that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and any evidence for this finding.
- Any queries you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter between us and you. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
- Accounts - You should check:
- with your financial institution whether direct debiting is available from your account as direct debiting is not available on all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- your account details which you have provided to us are correct by checking them against a recent account statement; and
- with your financial institution before completing the direct debit request if you have any queries about how to complete the direct debit request.
- We will keep any information (including your account details) in your direct debit request confidential. We will make reasonable efforts to keep any such information that we have about you secure and to ensure that any of our employees or agents who have access to information about you do not make any unauthorised use, modification, reproduction or disclosure of that information.
- We will only disclose information that we have about you:
- to the extent specifically required by law; or
- for the purposes of this agreement (including disclosing information in connection with any query or claim).
- If you wish to notify us in writing about anything relating to this agreement, you should write to E-Lodge Taxation Services Australia Pty. Ltd. Suite 238, 189 Queen Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
- We will notify you by sending a notice in the ordinary post to the address you have given us in the direct debit request.
- Any notice will be deemed to have been received on the third banking day after posting.